Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hi

Im trying to use my indoor AV receiver to power my outdoor speakers, so that during a party the sound is consistent inside and outside. I have the wiring all set my issue is that Bluetooth range is so limited that if the phone connected is outside I get breakups of audio quality.

Has anyone found a Bluetooth extender ? Amplifier ?

Ive even looked at like a sonos device that has Bluetooth that I could mount outside and somehow it would send the audio signal back inside to the Receiver...

The distance between the pool deck and the receiver is MAYBE 20-25 feet LOS . If I leave the phone on the window sill at the house the audio is ok. I was hoping to be able to have the phone(s) on the tables on the deck ...

Any ideas ? Suggestions ?

I have the same setup
Only my AV receiver was not Bluetooth
I bought a Bluetooth adapter for 20 bucks on Amazon and it has a range of 50 feet
My patio is on the other side of the living room were my AV receiver is located
So it works great (my phone is typically about 20-30 feet away)
It will only play analog signals (which for me is ok since I am using it to stream music from my phone)

aaae9549d894544fe3434680814fad2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same setup
Only my AV receiver was not Bluetooth
I bought a Bluetooth adapter for 20 bucks on Amazon and it has a range of 50 feet
My patio is on the other side of the living room were my AV receiver is located
So it works great (my phone is typically about 20-30 feet away)
It will only play analog signals (which for me is ok since I am using it to stream music from my phone)

aaae9549d894544fe3434680814fad2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 on this adapter. I have the same thing on a receiver in my garage and I don't lose signal from my phone 50' - 60' from the outside of the garage. Just make sure sure nothing else is blocking the path between your phone and this adapter when at longer distances, including your body. At far distances it will break up if I get between the phone and the line of sight to the garage.

I had tried a logitech bluetooth adapter
https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-980-000910-Bluetooth-Adapter-Streaming/dp/B00IQBSW28/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1493648318&sr=1-6&keywords=lONG+RANGE+Bluetooth+receiver
on an older receiver and had the same kind of poor distance

The AV receiver Im using has BT built in .. but for $20 it might be worth trying this one ...
But the reviews state that it turns itself off after a while - I would MUCH rather have one that is on all the time
Ill look for one that is USB powered and on all the time

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.