Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sun Touch with erroe code "er air"

1. Back To Top    #1

Sun Touch with erroe code "er air"

I have a sun touch controller. There is an error message of "ER Air" which I read to be an error with the air sensor reding. Itried to re-set the ambient air temperature (re-calibrate) and it will not read anything above 19 degrees F or -119 degrees F. There are not wires or a sensor hooked up to the control panel. My question is: Is there an internal sensor on the unit? How to I troubleshoot?
    16,000 gallon
    solar-salt pool
    pebble tec

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sun Touch with erroe code "er air"

I have a Sun Touch. Mine requires an Air sensor for a reading. I dont think there is a "built in" one. I ordered and replaced mine from an Amazon product last year and its fine...sorry I couldnt be of more help..
    9 x 18 Hydro Force AGP, Aqua Pro AP ASFAL 75 pump and sand filter, Hayward Skimmer, Raypak 106A propane heater, Sunquest Solar Panels, Pentair Rainbow test kit.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Sun Touch with erroe code "er air"

Welcome to TFP!

To control solar the Suntouch requires two inputs. A watertemp sensor in the plumbing after the filter and a solar temp sensor mounted on the roof near the panels, both wired back to the Suntouch. Be sure to use the black temp sensor on the roof so that it picks up solar gain as well as air temp. The installation manual has more details and is available here, Pentair - SunTouch Control System
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach