How do you all deal with flowering trees?

rmclain73

Silver Supporter
May 18, 2013
Needham, MA
Had the solar cover off today to run the Polaris and brush the pool. It was snowing green from the flowering trees. I left the cover off for a bit to let the skimmer catch them with a skimmer sock. Wind picked up and too much was getting into the pool. I could not take it any longer so I put the cover back on. Now it storming out and these things are falling like crazy! I have never seen these before in my yard, or at least never paid attention to them as this is my first spring with the pool. What is the best way to deal with them?

2z5n03d.jpg

98xc600-LeafSkimmer.jpg
or
Casey-LeafRake.jpg

I stopped bothering with a cover. I never could remove it without all that stuff ending up in the water anyway.

PS. Skimmer socks/ nylons/ hairnets will help a lot to keep your filter from loading up. Use the search box on any of those terms and you'll find a lot.

My solar cover looks like that too. When we swim during the week we fold the cover back and grab what we can. Then on the weekend we take the cover off, clean it up and net out whatever falls into the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.