Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New AGP Bulging Out Side

1. Back To Top    #1

New AGP Bulging Out Side

Hi, I've been lurking while reading Pool School, but now I've run into a hitch with my new 27' round above ground pool...

It was installed by a local pool store a few days ago, and we've been filling it about 8 hours a day ever since. Today the water level is right below the skimmer, but I've found an odd bulge in one of the sides...

I called our salesman and he'll be relaying the message to the installer, but I just wanted to get some more opinions about it...

Thanks!
    Daniel

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New AGP Bulging Out Side

Looks like the bottom track is not where it belongs.
    I'd reverse the flow on the water hose and be ready for the installer
    so he can fix it.
    Noob Here!
    24' Above Ground
    Aquatrol SWG
    1 1/2 hp pump, sand filter

3. Back To Top    #3

OMG, that bottom rail/track is off! Make your installer fix it - you paid for a pool done right, it should be done right.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

4. Back To Top    #4

I agree, it looks like the side has popped out of the track. I would stop filling and wait for a call from the PS to see when they can fix it. When you drain it you need to be careful with your walls and liner.
    Les
    Don't have a pool right now. Just sharing what I have learned over the years!
    Helpful Links:
    Pool School,Pool Calculator,Cl/CYA Shock Chart,TF Test Kit
    Doing BBB and loving it!

5. Back To Top    #5

What a shame! Hope they fix it soon!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Man I wish this user would have said how they fixed this.. I just put up a 27' that a friend gave me and I have one upright that looks IDENTICAL to this... .. I read somewhere else that this may be a high spot (easier fix) and some of you all here said it look like the track was out of position (harder fix)....

Mine looks to be still in the track, just kina hard to see.. I was thinking it was a problem with the cove.. this upright is right at a junction between to styrofoam coves and one of them is kinda "gimpy"... but the high spot thing kinda sounds right, or probably just my wishful thinking..

The original post was from 2 years ago.. has anyone seen anything like this since?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Southern Illinois, 17k Gallon, AG 27' Esther Williams, 21" Sta-Rite Sand, Hayward flo-rite lx 1.5 hp,

7. Back To Top    #7

We have the same style pool, (wall pattern) Our pool, just in for 2 weeks has a few areas that look like this, and we also paid an installer.
    We had him come back and look at it and also had 2 other contractors that help with pool installs (ground level guy and another man that has installed several) so I cannot say how expert their opinions are. Everyone said it should not be a problem, the wall is slightly out of the track at the bottom, but we have a good sand base and cove and should not be a problem with the liner slipping out.
    I have attached pics of our problem areas. Its rained here for days...so the mud obscures a little. (Also leaving water at the base of the pool, so we need some drainage work?)
    Yours is bulging a bit more than ours by the pics.
    Good luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MEEKS-NE AL
    23.8K Gallon AG Vinyl BEAD Liner
    30' ROUND, 54" DEEP
    1.5HP SAND FILTER

8. Back To Top    #8

dmaxwell messaged me and said his still looks like that to this day (2 years later)... so, I'm not gonna worry about it, I'll just keep an eye on it. thanks all for your posts...
    Southern Illinois, 17k Gallon, AG 27' Esther Williams, 21" Sta-Rite Sand, Hayward flo-rite lx 1.5 hp,