Coverstar cover running crooked

Jan 29, 2017
Atlanta GA
Tried and tried adjusting the ropes, but just can't get the cover to run square. The motor side will run all the way closed and out all the way open to the stops on either end. The opposite side stops short by about 4 inches at both the open and close position.

I am new to this pool, no idea the maintenance that has been performed on it. It has the older style white/green ropes. Checked the track and roll up tube for square, and that looks good. Seems there is a new style of black rope out there for replacement parts.

Before I drop $$ into new ropes, is there something I am missing?

Boy, I don't know Johnny, never having experience with these things.

Hopefully someone will have some suggestions, but I wanted to say welcome aboard. Good luck on your issue, and I hope you enjoy the forum.

Pull the cover completely closed to where the sliders are touching the end pulleys on the track. Once you have that done you can adjust the ropes. If the cover does not open evenly I would say the tracks are out of square. The only way to know for sure is to measure length, width, and an x of the system

Pull the cover completely closed to where the sliders are touching the end pulleys on the track. Once you have that done you can adjust the ropes. If the cover does not open evenly I would say the tracks are out of square. The only way to know for sure is to measure length, width, and an x of the system
A year of cursewords later, I fInally figured it out. One side of the wind up pulley had corroded enough that the diameter was significantly smaller than the other side. Enough that this was causing the ropes to wind up at different speeds pulling out of square. Fixed by winding a layer of extra rope on the worn out pulley side to make even, now runs great.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.