It can't be this difficult to find Intex parts

Apr 23, 2017
Yankton, SD
I'll start with some background. I originally signed up to TFP because I had some questions about hard piping our pool. I purchased an Intex Ultra Frame 15'x48" to replace our Polygroup Pro Series 14'x42". The new intex was literally one day old. I set it up so I could get an idea what I was going to need for fittings. Left it overnight with the plan to start Plumbing the next morning. Very stupid idea. Returned from Menards the next morning to find it on edge rolling around the lawn like a big expensive wheel.

So now I'm looking for 2 horizontal beams item number 12428 and one tee connector item number 12427. I've looked on amazon, Ebay, searched Google, etc. I did find them on an Intex site, with no option to buy. I did call an Intex customer service number where I talked to someone who was no help at all. What I managed to understand was that they are out of stock. How that is, I have no idea. I'm getting really close to biting the bullet and just buying another one, which would be a shame (and $300 mistake).

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Well, sounds like your first pool purchase has been frustrating to say the least. Weather & wind didn't help. Well, I suppose if it's that new, perhaps you could just return the whole thing couldn't you? That is if you purchased it locally? If not, try Intex again and perhaps get a better customer service rep who can better assist you - if not with those parts or simply a return shipment/exchange. We've heard of some marginal support in the past, but also some outstanding ones as well. Kind of hit & miss like many other organizations.

Hope you get it resolved soon so you can enjoy the swimming season. Nice to have you with us.

Thanks for the reply. It's actually our second pool. I bought it somewhat locally-from Target about an hour away. But I wouldn't feel right taking back a broken pool that was my fault. Besides, I threw the box away anyway. I guess maybe I'll try intex again. It's really frustrating for this to happen to a brand new pool. I even toyed with the idea of not setting one up at all. But after having one for 3 years, I don't think I'll get away with that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.