Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just like that and its back

1. Back To Top    #1

Just like that and its back

Ive been doing so well keeping algae away, but came home yesterday after work and bam..All over the floor of the pool....We had some heavy storms that rolled in yesterday morning, so im thinking its the culprit..Before I added anything, I checked my FC and it was at 7, and my cya is at 50.....Seems like a slam is in order...Good thing I havnt pool pool stairs back in yet, or would have a real mess on my hands..
    24x16 doughboy Summerville..22" Waterway "sand" 1.5 HP 2sp motor..Misty Falls liner, and wedding cake stairs..

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Just like that and its back

Quote Originally Posted by mepcards View Post
    Ive been doing so well keeping algae away, but came home yesterday after work and bam..All over the floor of the pool....We had some heavy storms that rolled in yesterday morning, so im thinking its the culprit..Before I added anything, I checked my FC and it was at 7, and my cya is at 50.....Seems like a slam is in order...Good thing I havnt pool pool stairs back in yet, or would have a real mess on my hands..
    Which test kit are you using?

Are you saying the floor of your pool got covered with green algae overnight?

If you normally run the pool at FC 7ppm with CYA at 50ppm, it's very unlikely the rain gave you an algae bloom. Did your FC drop below your target, or reach minimum FC recently? A pool will show signs of stress first, it will lose it's sparkle, then become cloudy. At that point you would begin to notice an increase in FC demand, and even cloudier water. This will happen over a few days, not a few hours. Did you notice any of this happening this week?

Could this be pollen?

Vacuum up what you can and do an OCLT. If you fail the OCLT you will know that a SLAM is needed.
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Nice to see you back. I agree, something is off here. Try an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test tonight and see how you do.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes ill do a overnight test...Ill also take pics
    24x16 doughboy Summerville..22" Waterway "sand" 1.5 HP 2sp motor..Misty Falls liner, and wedding cake stairs..

5. Back To Top    #5

pics when I got home

- - - Updated - - -

my FC is currently at 12....cc is "0"

6. Back To Top    #6

Update.....I did the overnight test and passed...I added two gallons of bleach yesterday evening, so before bed I had a FC READING of 22.5.....Took test just now, and still 22.5.....ill vacuum real good before storms hit today...very windy this morning