Just like that and its back

mepcards

Sep 15, 2015
mesquite,tx
Ive been doing so well keeping algae away, but came home yesterday after work and bam..All over the floor of the pool....We had some heavy storms that rolled in yesterday morning, so im thinking its the culprit..Before I added anything, I checked my FC and it was at 7, and my cya is at 50.....Seems like a slam is in order...Good thing I havnt pool pool stairs back in yet, or would have a real mess on my hands..

Ive been doing so well keeping algae away, but came home yesterday after work and bam..All over the floor of the pool....We had some heavy storms that rolled in yesterday morning, so im thinking its the culprit..Before I added anything, I checked my FC and it was at 7, and my cya is at 50.....Seems like a slam is in order...Good thing I havnt pool pool stairs back in yet, or would have a real mess on my hands..
Which test kit are you using?

Are you saying the floor of your pool got covered with green algae overnight?

If you normally run the pool at FC 7ppm with CYA at 50ppm, it's very unlikely the rain gave you an algae bloom. Did your FC drop below your target, or reach minimum FC recently? A pool will show signs of stress first, it will lose it's sparkle, then become cloudy. At that point you would begin to notice an increase in FC demand, and even cloudier water. This will happen over a few days, not a few hours. Did you notice any of this happening this week?

Could this be pollen?

Vacuum up what you can and do an OCLT. If you fail the OCLT you will know that a SLAM is needed.

Update.....I did the overnight test and passed...I added two gallons of bleach yesterday evening, so before bed I had a FC READING of 22.5.....Took test just now, and still 22.5.....ill vacuum real good before storms hit today...very windy this morning

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.