1.5" pipe to 2" for salt system

Jun 12, 2015
Northumberl/pa
Currently my piping is all 1.5". I purchased Hayward Aqr15 and zinc anode 104d that both require 2" plumbing. My plan is to couple 1.5" to 2" after the filter and before my return splits. This distance is about 5.5' with 2 90 degree elbows. I will then plumb the cell, flow switch, and anode into the 5.5' of 2" pvc making sure the flow switch has 12" straight run upstream. Will the roughly 5.5' of 2" piping be ok considering everything else is 1.5"? My plumbing order from the filter I was thinking is anode, cell, switch.

M,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all your SWCG questions... :shark:

I was under the impression that the flow switch was supposed to be upstream from the cell, which would be anode, switch, then cell.

The size of the pipe will have no noticeable impact on your operation..

You might search this site for comments on the anode. It could be a regional thing, but no one down here uses them.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thanks for the replies. My main concern was the 2" piping given that all of the rest of the piping is 1.5" but it sounds like my idea to couple at both ends and run 2" with all components should be fine. Also, Great Avatar CK, LETS GO PENS!! Was at game 2 of Tampa Bay series last year (Sid OT winner) but don't think I'll make it out this year as I live in central PA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.