La Roche Posay thermal pool

Apr 17, 2017
FORT DE FRANCE
Dear FTP friends,

I have severe psoriasis and I project to buy a small pool because I really need to soak all my body in water with a high concentration of magnesium to reduce all the itchy plaques on my body.

So I have planned to buy :

- a small ABG intex pool (1189 US Gallons )
- a 3 kW intex pool heater

As I would like to “simulate” the magnesium concentration of La Roche-Posay à french thermal spring water well known for its curative use.

In order to have the targeted magnesium concentration (about 4.4 mg/L), I would have to add about 335 lbs of Magnesium chloride hexahydrate (MgCl2*6H2O).

I will add borax at 50ppm for extra water softening and will sanitize with bromine.

I know that this high salt concentration would be harmfull for the heater, so I will carry out a special routine to rinse the heater once a week with fresh water.

Do you think this project may be realistic ?

Many thanks for you cooperation ;):p

Welcome to TFP!

Interesting, I did not know Intex made an electric heater. I could not find what material the heat exchanger is made of, but they say it is OK to use with their saltwater system so that is a good sign. Apparently, it is not available for sale in the US. That set up should work fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.