Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What size of solar cover reel

1. Back To Top    #1

What size of solar cover reel

Apologies, as this may seem silly.. My pool is 16x32, and I'm seeing a lot of solar cover reels that say up to 16' wide pool. Would you guys suggest I go with one that is 16' or go with one that is longer, say 18' or 20'?

Thank you!
    noobie :-)
    16x32 oval 'on ground' vinyl, 13700 Gallon, 48" depth, rocky roller, Hayward Ultra Pro LX pump, Carefree 150lbs sand filter, TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What size of solar cover reel

Rockys Reels recommends going 1 foot wider for strength and to give yourself some install wiggle room...I know cause I asked them in an email exchange. BTW, I just bought one of their system, seems well made, 10 yr warranty and excellent reviews for "sole" rollers...aka 1 person operation.
    In ground vinyl Grecian, 24k gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, VGreen VSP 165, Hayward SWG, Raypak NG 265k heater, dolphin m4.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: What size of solar cover reel

Quote Originally Posted by Swampwoman View Post
    Rockys Reels recommends going 1 foot wider for strength and to give yourself some install wiggle room...I know cause I asked them in an email exchange. BTW, I just bought one of their system, seems well made, 10 yr warranty and excellent reviews for "sole" rollers...aka 1 person operation.
    Thank you! I'm seeing that brand and they look really well made.. definitely going to consider them.

noobie :-)
    16x32 oval 'on ground' vinyl, 13700 Gallon, 48" depth, rocky roller, Hayward Ultra Pro LX pump, Carefree 150lbs sand filter, TF-100 test kit