Easytouch versions

repairman

Gold Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
Lompoc, CA (central coast)
I was just told by a Pentair tech that there is no difference to a homeowner between an easy touch version 2.01 that came out 2 years ago and the latest 2.19. Is that true? Also I'm going to order ScreenLogic. Is there anything I should be concerned about regarding it's versions.

I'd believe that. I had my ET installed almost 4 years ago and the design has not changed one single bit. If Pentair is following standard versioning numbering systems, then the differences between a version 2.01 and 2.19 are very much minor changes. Typically speaking, versioning goes like this -

major.minor[.maintenance[.build]]

A change in the second decimal place number typically indicates minor changes, such as cleaning up a menu or adding a slightly different sub menu. If there were any changes to the physical hardware, then that would trigger a MAJOR number update. So an ET 3.0 would have different hardware in it than an ET 2.0

The inside scoop from our resident Pentair Fanboy (he knows who he is!!) is that Pentair is internally developing a new automation system BUT there is currently no scheduled build or release date.

I have version 2.14. Did not know there was 2.19. Am I totally screwed now? Every time I buy something they come out with something better. Just kidding, my ET does not need any mods that I can think of. Works great, especially with Screenlogic (Matt? I know you see this.)

I'll wait for the next generation automation panel to be released.....then i'll upgrade to ScreenLogic when they put it in the bargain bin with all the $1 VHS cassette tapes of cheesy 80's movies....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.