Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Pool light / spa replacement bulbs

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy Pool light / spa replacement bulbs

Need to replace both pool light and spa haven't pulled them out of the pool/spa yet. According to original pool build docs - pool light is LED Color and spa is 100w white. Is there a standard Jandy replacement for either or do i need to pull them out first?

Thanks -
    17kgal, PebbleTec finish, Jandy PureLink Water Purification, AquaLink RS, Jandy Stealth series pump, Jandy LXi Heater, DEV Series filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy Pool light / spa replacement bulbs

Check which lights you have and get the part numbers and search the net for replacement costs, Pool Lights | Jandy Pro Series. You will need to know if they are 12V or 120V. Always get a new seal when replacing the lights.

Are you sure the bulbs are burnt out or could it be some other issue?
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Not 100% positive but from research i've done - appears to be a common problem with Jandy LED Color lights. The pool light actually went out a few years ago - started acting strangely for about a week - then never came back on. At the time i had a pool repair service come out and gave me a qoute of over $1000 - if i recall correctly they wanted to replace the entire light. I elected to pass at that time. The spa light was still working and eventually went out i want to say about a year later. I called Jandy (Zodiac pools) support - they said that i need to pull the lights out and get the model numbers to determine whether i can even replace the bulbs which i am going to do this week.
    17kgal, PebbleTec finish, Jandy PureLink Water Purification, AquaLink RS, Jandy Stealth series pump, Jandy LXi Heater, DEV Series filter

4. Back To Top    #4

It should only be one screw holding the lights in the niche and there should be enough cord to put the lights on the deck to inspect them.

Are you comfortable working with electricity and wires? If you are then it should be fairly easy to replace the light fixture yourself with a little help from the forum. If you can replace a wall outlet then you can replace a pool light and save $200-$400.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process