Skimmer drain has river rock stuck

Apr 26, 2017
henderson nevada
So, I use this river rock to weigh down the skimmer basket. Well its missing and the line is plugged so I know its in there. I tried a drain king with no luck. I tried a wet vac, no luck. I even tried to use my robot hose and ran my pump at full speed to dislodge the rock with no luck. I need some advice please. thanks

Welcome to the forum keoni,

I hate hearing this for you, and don't have a solution right off, but I am thinking about it. This will take a little bit of a creative solution, as it wont likely be easy to dislodge a rock from inside the piping, and make it go where you want.

Do you think you think you can thread something into the pipe, and get past the rock with something like the electrical fish tape below? Its early in the day, and just my first thought, but let us know what you think. I wanted to answer and welcome you, but also get your post up to the top for others to see. Maybe they will have some ideas as well.

Klein Tools High Strength 1/8 in. Stainless Steel Fish Tape - 240 ft.-56008 - The Home Depot

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.