Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bypass Aqualink control of pentair intelliflo variable speed pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Bypass Aqualink control of pentair intelliflo variable speed pump

I have an Aqualink that controls my pentair intelliflo variable speed pump. Everything works fine. However, I'd like to be able to run the pump at its highest RPM for a few minutes after I clean the pump basket or the filter to make sure I get all the air out.

How can I do this from the pump keyboard essentially bypassing the Aqualink control?

Ed
    27k gallon in ground, Pebble tec
    Spa with sta-rite max E therm
    Salt water generator
    Pentair intelliflo pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bypass Aqualink control of pentair intelliflo variable speed pump

I do the same thing when cleaning the basket. When my pump is connected to the Solartouch it says something like ext. control. But, that cycles back to the regular control screen every 30 seconds or so and when it does I can hit another speed, like 4, and it will go to speed 4 until the display cycles again and it will revert back to the programmed speed.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Bypass Aqualink control of pentair intelliflo variable speed pump

em,

If you unplug the serial cable, the pump will go back to local control.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.