Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First time new Pool owner....help with the SPA

1. Back To Top    #1

First time new Pool owner....help with the SPA

TFP,

I am a newbie I have a spa that flows water to the pool....TFP I need your help, when I turn on the pump the Baracuda G3 vacuums the pool, but I have notice the spa still has dirt at the bottom, the previous owner left no detail on how to work the equipment.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First time new Pool owner....help with the SPA

Welcome to TFP,

You may just have to brush, or manually vacuum the spa until it's clean enough for you.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm one of those Luddites with a manual vacuum. But my technique might work for you.

I move the valves so I'm drawing from the spa and returning to the pool. As the spa level drops, I brush everything to the drain. Then I reverse the valves and vacuum the pool. The spa refills and I don't get any currents in the pool while I'm chasing stray bits of stuff.

Do you have some kind of automated system, or have you just not figured out the valves yet? Post some pictures of the equipment if you need help figuring out what goes where, or what controller you have. I'm sure you can find a controller manual online somewhere if you know exactly which it is.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

This is my layout, I also notice the water level dropped as well20170425_174238.jpg20170425_174637.jpg20170425_174643.jpg