Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool opened but water cloudy?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool opened but water cloudy?

Hi,

My pool was opened on Wednesday. Its still fairly cool at this point in NY.

I have the TFT kit & here are my results:

FC: 8
    CC: 0
    TA 70 (or 80)
    CYA 50
    PH 7.7

I have a 40,000 gallon inground gunnite pool.

It has been running for a few days & I have had the pool robot driving around most of the time.

My filter had DE put in when they opened it.

Thanks,
    Rich

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool opened but water cloudy?

I would bring the pH down to 7.2-7.4. Did you open your filter or did a service? It's quite possible that DE is getting back into the pool from the grids either being misseated or have a tear. If the grids are solid and rigid they may have to be replaced, the pressure will bend them and allowing the DE to circulate back in

3. Back To Top    #3

Aren't**

4. Back To Top    #4

So the pool guy did mention that one of my grids needs to be replaced - this might explain the 'fog' in the pool if the DE is shooting into the pool?

How do i find out what grids I have so I can order / replace them myself? I have not decided what service plan I should do this year now that I am learning so much! It might be all on me!

Thanks,
    Rich

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    So the pool guy did mention that one of my grids needs to be replaced - this might explain the 'fog' in the pool if the DE is shooting into the pool?

How do i find out what grids I have so I can order / replace them myself? I have not decided what service plan I should do this year now that I am learning so much! It might be all on me!

Thanks,
    Rich
    Look for a label on the filter. Once you get brand and model and size, it's easy. My label was unreadable but for the brand, so I started looking at pictures on the manufacturer's site until I figured out the model. The parts diagram helped me figure out the size. In most cases, the only differences in the different sizes are the heights of the lid, the grids, and the centerbolt.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!