Please help with leak around 'creepy crawler' port

Hello all,

I recently pressure washed and acid washed my pool. The pressure washer knocked off quite a bit of old plaster. There is now a leak around the 'creepy crawler' thingamajig (I don't ever use this port, so I'm not sure if it works). Here is a pic of the leak at night. Why at night?...because that's when I noticed it, but it's equally as noticeably in the daytime, now that I've spotted it.
View attachment 59676
Here is a close-up pic of the port. It is apparent that some patching/sealing was done by the prior owner:
View attachment 59677
Do you guys think that I could simply use some pool epoxy/putty around the edge of the plastic to stop this leak? Should I call I pro?

Also - why do you guys think water appears to be forming an arch/parabola over the top of the plastic? Wouldn't you think that the wet spot would just be below the plastic?

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, I don't know why the picture of the leak didn't show up in my original post. Here it is:
View attachment 59678

The water is wicking up in the plaster causing it to go up a bit over the fitting. Pool putty is fine to use there, I would do that after it is refilled because pool putty is designed to cure underwater. My PB used pool putty to patch a crack in the plaster that was leaking about 4 years ago and it is still holding up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.