Looking to add a swg to my pool and can't decide which one.

dalstrs

Silver Supporter
Apr 4, 2017
Grapevine, TX
Like the title says, I am wanting to add a swg to my pool and can't decide which to go with. My pool is ~22k gallons and the gets full Texas sun. It seems that the Heyward is the most liked system but they only have a 40k gallon system and I think I would be better off with a system bigger than that. Does anyone have recommendation on which would be the best (and still economical) system for me to go with?

Please update your signature with all of your pool equipment specs so we can help you better.

Do you have automation or plan to have it? What's your equipment pad look like? Can you upload a pic of the equipment pad?

This page is a great resource for looking at SWG's across brands - Compare and Review Saltwater Chlorine Generator Prices and Features

Similar pool size in Texas as well. I didn't want to run my pump 24x7, so I went with the Circupool sj55 model. It's supposed to create 2.3lbs of chlorine a day. It was also relatively cheap. I just finished the install today so can't really speak to any performance qualities, but it was very easy to install. The DiscountSaltPools link listed above is what I used for my comparison. I don't know how biased it is, especially the "Value Score" but at least they consolidate all the info in one place. I also purchased from them since they were running a "$1 upgrade to the next biggest size" deal.

I have the Heyward. Honestly, I doubt you can go wrong with any of them. So this is my 3rd summer. Currently, running my pump and SWG 5 hours a day at 30%. I think last year I was up to 35-40% in mid summer for 5 hrs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please update your signature with all of your pool equipment specs so we can help you better.

Do you have automation or plan to have it? What's your equipment pad look like? Can you upload a pic of the equipment pad?

This page is a great resource for looking at SWG's across brands - Compare and Review Saltwater Chlorine Generator Prices and Features

How do we update our signature?

I don't have any automation, I may get it sometime in the future but it is pretty far down the list of things to do.

This is my equipment:
20170422_140329.jpg

20170422_140353.jpg

20170422_140434.jpg

22k inground plaster diving pool, 60 sqft Pentair DE filter, I don't really know the flow of the pump but I included a picture of the label on it, ABCO FP-100 Master Control, Heyward pool Vac, and the pool was built ~1994.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.