Plumbing PVC / location change of Sand pump with Intex 18'x52" ultra frame?

I had a plumbing question for everyone.. this has been my first shot at PVC with this pool. The build link is in my sig (also with a short video besides pics). I'm swapping out my old original intex 2100gph 0.5hp pump for a 1.5hp hayward 21" (combo) (single speed).. (unsure, but the pump is the SP1593 not the LX version, unsure the difference in the two)

EDIT: i think i grasp the gph ratings better now.. the hayward tank at 21" is rated for 44 GPM at 40feet overhead.. while the motor (1.5hp) is rated at 62GPM, so when you combine the 1.5 motor with the 21" tank, the best it can do is 44GPM or roughly 2650 GPH. I assume a bigger tank increases this closer to the motor rating.. this should still be better than the the intex 12" tank combined with the motor it had (assume their 2100gph was based on the motor only), hayward responded with the fact you need a 24" tank to equal the performance of the motor, but this 21 combo should still be way better than the intex

Here is a few shots from my build link: (the door pic is a little outdated, the receptacles are now on the 2x4 at the top left of the rectangle on the far left above the lattice), its behind the left of the door where i figure ill need to place the motor.

equipmentgate.jpg

returnconnectionsclose.jpg

wideview1annotated.jpg

Since i'm dumping a bit of money on this upgrade, i wanted to make sure the pump motor and even the tank were protected from the weather. Hoping to get 5 - 7 years out of this system and maybe use it on a 26-28 foot upgrade later on.
(I had read with the haywards its better to at least cover the motor, i figured cover the tank too?)

Given this and given that the hayward pump only has a 6 foot cord, this presents me with a few issues. My receptacles are at least 10 feet away from where the motor is now, maybe 12. That said i figure i'm going to have to put the motor on a slab just to the left under the deck (left of the door opening behind it).. then maybe the tank right where the door opens.. i think this should be fine.

Questions:

Should I hard pvc plumb directly into my existing PVC which i just did? Should i hard plumb from the tank to the motor instead of re-using the hose that came with the intex? And the SWG has a hose to the return, should i try to hard plumb that to the return and from the SWG to the sand pump as well or just re-use the SWG hoses?

Any major benefit to not using the hoses.. i'm also concerned about flex of the pool with the pvc, though there is some give even with the plumbing as it is now.

The other question was on right angle turns.. its my understanding they add to the "head" count.. for instance, my one pvc already has a right turn, i'd need to make a reverse right and come back to the left, or cut the whole ball valve off and replace it with a brand new one to just go straight left to the new location.. Ill also need a few rights near the sand pump, 90 degrees maybe down towards the ground.

Should i avoid the pipes running along the ground and try to keep them off it by an inch or two (though they may be 'heavy') or does this matter in the long run (i guess many bury these anyway).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Putting the motor further back under the deck was problematic.. it created a crowded condition per this photo, along with my simulated pipes coming out, obviously cut differently final, but the idea is there:

pumpinitial.jpg

I've decided to go for the next layout in the next pic.. unfortunately that means running a conduit from the existing receptacles to create a new one which will live behind where the door hits (door stopper needed), allowing for the pump to go inside the door way, now giving easy access.. straight line pvc plumb to the suction port on the existing pvc.. and of course move the SWG further back out of the way.. this will mean putting the tank outside right where the old one is, but that should be fine.. its unfortunate there is no way to just extend the power connection safely

Ill also have to run pvc pipe to where i'm placing the dual solar domes.. likely a 12 foot run in one direction, hopefully this doesnt cause too much head distance.
pumpfinalmaybe.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.