Hi! Pool is full, pump is going...got the Taylor test kit
Here are my #s
Fc 0
Cc 0
Ph 7.8
Ta 100
Ch 60 or 90...???
Cya 30-40?

I went ahead and bought some of the 10% bleach from Walmart last weekend..guessing it needs some asap!?! 8500 gallon ag

Congrats on your new pool!!!

You're missing one critical test - CYA. The CYA level will let us help you to get the correct amount of chlorine in there.

Does your test kit have a CYA test? If not, you're going to need to get one. I'd recommend this one if possible:
TFTestkits.net

In the mean time, if nobody has specifically put CYA into your pool, we can assume 0 for now. Let's get enough bleach in there for an FC of 2 to start with. Have you used PoolMath before? If not, we'll be happy to help you learn it. You're going to need to pick up some CYA at the store (WalMart is fine) - they usually call it "Stabilizer" or "Conditioner" - the ingredients should say Cyanuric Acid. You're going to want to start with adding enough for 30ppm using the sock method. As with chlorine, PoolMath will help you with how much you need.

Your pH is towards the higher end of "ok" (7.2-8.0), so that's alright for now, I believe from your other posts that it's an aboveground pool? If so the CH isn't too incredibly important. Your TA is a tad high, but TA is a "fuzzy" number - it is more for buffering pH rise and keeping scaling down - you should be ok to leave it for the moment.

I'd say you're in fairly good shape, other than needing to get that chlorine in ASAP. Having some muriatic acid on hand to control pH rise from splashing about and whatnot when you start swimming will be good too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.