Anchor Cups for Use With Pavers

poolneophyte

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Long Island, NY
A couple of years ago I found an railing anchor cup that was specially designed for use with paving stone patios. It has the normal depth that must be embedded in concrete but had an extension at the top which would end up being flush with the top of the pavers. these solved the problem of the sand bed that the pavers are set in from filling the cup.

Now that I want to buy them, I can no longer find them. Has anyone see these or can give me the names of manufacturers who make anchor cups so I can do further research?

How is that supposed to be installed? Since it is not round you can't core drill a hole and insert. Does it get installed under the pavers (then what)?

I have an umbrella mount for my paver deck that is just round sleeve. You core drill hole in paver/deck and insert the sleeve (for paver deck you would need/want to pack some cement or thinset around sleeve then install). Umbrella pole then goes into sleeve. It has a cover too. https://www.amazon.com/Waterway-Plastics-540-6700-Volleyball-Holder/dp/B00HEAUMS4/ref=pd_sbs_86_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00HEAUMS4&pd_rd_r=H6F2CTR3KSSGNXFRVBW0&pd_rd_w=7J5YN&pd_rd_wg=EmAi8&psc=1&refRID=H6F2CTR3KSSGNXFRVBW0

The plastic sleeve I have is fine for umbrella (of volleyball net) but won't do much if you need to "anchor" or pull against it.

I think you core-drill a hole that fits the non-round anchor and then use hydraulic cement to set it in place. The manufacturer has some other literature on their website which may help. I'm looking to buy a couple this spring to replace my plastic anchors which: 1. Flex and 2. fill with sand since they are set in concrete below the paving stones. The length of these anchors will allow concrete encasement below the paving stones and extend flush to the top of the pavers preventing them from filling with sand. If I get them, I'll report back with some pictures.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.