Pool light - output (comparing SAM to IntelliBrite 5G)

CountryBumkin

Bronze Supporter
Jan 9, 2017
Orlando/FL
I'm looking for information regarding how much light output (lumens, candlepower/candela, foot-Lambert, whatever) for the (Pentair) SAM Spectrum Amerilite (color changing) and the Pentair IntelliBrite 5G (color changing) pool lights.

For comparison, it would be helpful to know what the light output is for both types (for "white" light).

I want to know if they are close to the same "output".
I currently have two SAM lights in my pool (both are not working now). I can buy a repair kit for the SAM or for a little more money, get an IntelliBrite.
All of the manuals/brochures I have found for these lights just talk about power (watts) consumption. No mention of light output.

Some reviewers on the IntelliBrite say they are not as bright as expected/desired. I would not want to buy these these and then find out they are significantly dimmer than my current lights.

It's odd that they don't tell you this. All of my landscape lighting sources always provide the light output and light spread charts for the various fixtures they sell.

I have had both lights, and the 5G is maybe a little bit darker especially for the color red but not enough to be an issue for me. I would much rather have the energy savings and the reliability (hopefully) than the brightness.

Have you looked at any of these videos. They are pretty realistic to what I see.

Intellibrite 5G video - Google Search

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.