Maintaining a Clean Hot Tub (and dealing with negativity!)

Mar 27, 2017
NJ
So we have been excited about installing our new hot tub and of course have shared our news with friends and family. We've had some negative reactions, with most of the the comments being, 'do you know how disgusting those things are' or 'do you know how much bacteria are in those things' and my favorite 'you're going to regret not getting a Pool instead'

So the negative comments had me search online, and of course they list possible bacteria and illnesses associated with hot tubs. Other than the standard chemicals - can you recommend the best way to clean and maintain our new hot tub? I saw it's imperative to clean the jets...How do you do that? Also, what do you say to naysayers who make you feel like you made the wrong decision? Thanks for your help and support!!

Welcome to TFP mommy! :p

I just wanted to say welcome, and don't worry. There is plenty of help here to help you keep the spa nice, safe, and sanitary. We have a few options, and ,ots od spa folks will be here to help. Check out Pool School on maintaining your spa, and ask all the question here that you need too. Don't listen to the naysayers if you really want one. They can be made very nice much more easily than they ever imagined possible.

Ahh-some is what I always recommend for cleaning/purging even a brand new hot tub. Go check out their website. Their chemistry is sound and you'll be amazed at how much gunk comes out of even a new hot tub. Note - Ahh-some is only a plumbing and jet cleaner, you still need to use an appropriate sanitizer for day-to-day needs.

As long as you maintain a properly sanitized body of water, your tub will bring you years of enjoyment. It takes a little bit work but it's not hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be sure to read the appropriate sticky threads in this subforum for either chlorine or bromine sanitation. That should get you on the right path.

Make sure you have a good test kit, not strips. Strips aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

Thank you all very much! I'll definitely check other sections of the board for additional help! I'll also see what the dealer gives us and then whatever I don't get, I'll run and get the kit and Ahh-some if needed! I appreciate everyone being so supportive! Thanks!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.