Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Proper filter cleaning?? Pentair clean and clear cartridge filter.

1. Back To Top    #1

Proper filter cleaning?? Pentair clean and clear cartridge filter.

Any links that will guide me to the best step by step filter: cleaning process, how often, solvents/ no solvents, hose accessories, etc.
    I have seen several ways on you tube, and I want to do it the best way.
    Thanks!

(I'm not sure what my starting pressure was)??
    Pool is almost 2 yrs old-
    I have paid a pool guy to clean 2-3 times... but I'm not sure, as I never saw him do it...

IMG_6701.jpgIMG_6697.jpg

21,000 gallons (pool and spa), IG, pebble tec, pentair clean&clear plus CCP520, pentair Master Temp 400 heater, Pentair model 320 Rainbow auto chlorine inline feeder, built in 2016. TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Proper filter cleaning?? Pentair clean and clear cartridge filter.

Julz,

Here is a good one, as long as you don't pay much attention to their requirement to soak the filters in a Leslies chemical. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...wGeqzWldH-sVDg

It can't hurt to soak them, but in your situation, when you may have to do this several times to get your pool back into shape, I would skip that step for now.

I have the filter flosser and like it, but it is not required. Any hose-end sprayer will work just fine.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks so much for everything!!
    It was raining here this evening, so I couldn't attempt it yet--but I will!
    In the meantime, until I can get it done, is it ok the run the cleaner/ pump? I've had it on all day!
    I don't want to burn anything up!

21,000 gallons (pool and spa), IG, pebble tec, pentair clean&clear plus CCP520, pentair Master Temp 400 heater, Pentair model 320 Rainbow auto chlorine inline feeder, built in 2016. TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

It's not really necessary to soak the filters every time you clean them. It helps get them whiter again, but not a requirement. If you want to soak them, mix up some tri sodium phosphate (TSP) into the container with your water and let the filters soak overnight.

I don''t soak mine. I Just take them out and spray them with a water hose with a spray nozzle on it. Set the nozzle to stream and go to town on it.
    Clean them from the top down.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!