Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: VRV Placement

1. Back To Top    #1

VRV Placement

The set up I am considering will have the bottom of the panels at about 5 feet and the top at 10 feet or a bit more. Where would I place the VRV?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: VRV Placement

So if you want to run the VS the lowest RPM possible, I would put the VRV on supply side of the panels.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

That would mean a bit further from the pump it would seem. I suppose I could put it in-line part way up. You have said to put the VRV 6 feet above the pump in another thread. From where are you measuring this? Typically hydraulic measurements are taken at the top if the water surface, IIR. This would indicate measuring from the top of the pipe or outlet fitting. Is this correct or is it that critical?

4. Back To Top    #4

What I meant by closer is not as the crow flies but the path the water takes. So the supply side is always closer because the water reaches it first.

Is this correct or is it that critical?
    Not critical but if the panels are only 5' in elevation at the bottom, just put it in the end cap of the panel opposite the supply line.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

These panels will be on the roof of a cover I am proposing to build over the equipment enclosure so it still would be about 6 to 15 feet of piping to the VRV from the pump depending in how I plumb it. BTW, can the piping go vertical straight up to the equipment on the roof? This would be right about 6 feet above the pump so the VRV would be just beyond the roof jack.

6. Back To Top    #6

so it still would be about 6 to 15 feet of piping to the VRV from the pump
    Supply side is still closer to the pump than the return side.

can the piping go vertical straight up to the equipment on the roof?
    Yes
    Mark

7. Back To Top    #7

That gives me 6 to 7 feet of piping, which is about as short as possible while meeting both criteria.