Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Concrete deck resurfacing issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Concrete deck resurfacing issue

I tried Behr textured Deckover, which is supposed to last two coats 75 sq ft per gallon. It only lasted about 20 sq ft. My deck is very porous:

after application:

Any ideas how to do this without spending tens of gallons of product?
    Inground 28000 gal Concrete, Hayward Progrid DE filter 6020, US motors 1.5hp pump (3450rpm) , Polaris 360
    600 gal hot tub, Spa Vita, Nature2+MPS

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Concrete deck resurfacing issue

I worry if you put something over the current decking the other one will not stick to it With you already starting you are between a rock and a hard place.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    I worry if you put something over the current decking the other one will not stick to it With you already starting you are between a rock and a hard place.

Kim
    why would it not stick?
    Inground 28000 gal Concrete, Hayward Progrid DE filter 6020, US motors 1.5hp pump (3450rpm) , Polaris 360

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

What did you use to apply the Behr deckover?
    Suz~Cypress/Houston area~ My 2015 Pool Build. 24K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy; color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. TF-100, SpeedStir

5. Back To Top    #5

I worry the other stuff would be too slick for the good stuff to stick to. You can do an experiment. Put some sealer on a rock or something like your patio then put the good stuff over it. Let it all dry good and see if it does stick.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by SuzfromTexas View Post
    What did you use to apply the Behr deckover?
    1/2" nap roller. Stuff is so thick I had to pour it directly on the surface and spread with the roller