Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: OMG, the Bose has died?

1. Back To Top    #1

OMG, the Bose has died?

So we have a Bose 38 Lifestyle Home Theater setup which we have loved for ages and ages..... has the outdoor wired speakers under the soffits, some wireless speakers upstairs and in kitchen as well as living room. Recently lightening struck near the house during a storm and since then the system isn't working.

Any one have an idea of how to fix this situation? Bose was NO help at all when I said I just wanted to buy a new console but we had all the speakers we needed.... the only thing they want to do is sell me an entire new updated system.

Would any receiver work with the Bose woofer and speakers?? What should I look for??

I am missing my music out by the pool already.....ALL suggestions appreciated.

Yip
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: OMG, the Bose has died?

NO help here other than I love Bose products.

When I quickly glanced at the thread title, I though you wrote "OMG, my BOSS has died?"

(Weirdly enough, I had that happen once and so I was going to offer my advice on how to deal with it....)
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

Is there anything that makes that Bose receiver "particular" to any speakers it is attached to? The world is full of AV receivers these days.

even worse.............I thought it really meant The Boss had died...........(Springsteen).
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

I have a Bose Acoustimass series 10 setup in my living room and it is connected to a Yamaha receiver. Works great. They have also been driven by a Sony receiver. If the receiver connections were standard it should be no problem replacing with any receiver except for the wireless speakers you mentioned. But if the subwoofer has the power supply and logic boards that might be tricky. Does it power up? Maybe the power supply can be replaced. Try a local electronics repair place and maybe they can troubleshoot. Sorry this isn't much help.
    24' x 52" 13.5K gal. Doughboy Autumn Breeze AG pool. Pentair CC200 Cartridge Filter. Pentair Dynamo 1HP 2 speed pump. Dolphin E-10 robot. TF-100 Test Kit. Confer CCX-AG with curve add on pool steps. My Pool Build.

5. Back To Top    #5

Just to update- worked all weekend and haven't had a chance to think any more on this, but thanks to everyone for the input. Getting this fixed is a priority as we *need* our backyard music!!

Yip
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard