Hello from Southern Maryland

Doc-V

Apr 15, 2017
Waldorf, Maryland
Greetings,
New to the site but excited to be here. Just purchased a great home that came with a 35k gallon inground pool. I think the old owner was ready to let it go because much of the original equipment starting to break down. Opened pool March 31st and immediately got a lesson on how the pool service inflates cost. Pool itself is great looking pool but does need a new salt chlorinater. Old one looks like it shorted out at salt cell. I did install a new variable speed pump to replace old single speed pump. It also help that electric company gave a 400 dollar rebate on it. I just ordered by own test kit recommended on here. Oringinally took water sample to pool shop and left with a ton of product and high cost. Looking forward to what I learn here and getting crystal clear water. Thank you for being here.

Doc,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all your pool questions. Just what the doctor ordered. :snorkle:

Good job on getting one of the recommended test kits.

In my opinion, a Saltwater pool is the right prescription for an easy to maintain and crystal clear pool :cool:

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.