Please help me!

I went out and got diatomaceous earth from home depot. Didn't know there were 3 different grades until after I put in and some one on this forum told me pool grade after I already put in. I'm sorry I'm starting a new thread if I shouldn't be but now my husband is a little upset with me and I'm scared it could harm us. So I'm looking for what to do now. Was so excited about getting a pool and now I'm regretting it. Seems like I keep messing everything up. I'm shaking inside

The product is not toxic. You should not have any problems. Just clean the filter and add the correct de.

Contact the manufacturer to confirm.

This product is 100% diatomaceous earth (Amorphous Silicon Dioxide), which is composed of crushed fossilized algae that comes from freshwater sources.

Please call our Consumer Relations Team at 1-855-7-ORGANIC (1-855-767-4264) with additional questions.
Contact Us

It is my understanding it is DE dust that is not good for the lungs. The concern with using the wrong DE is related to your pool not your health. All the stuff we put in the pool is hazardous by itself - diluted in 10,000+ gallons of water, not so bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys are awesome! Thanks for answering so quickly as I was freaking out! I'm gonna only add bleach till my test kit comes in. If I have cloudy water oh well. I'll post my test results when I get them. Again thank you so much for the quick responses! So glad I found this forum.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.