New pool guy, just going for it!

Apr 13, 2017
Dartmouth, MA
Hey everyone!

I just purchased a 10 yr old Johnny Weissmuller 15x24 with deck and fence. I bought it from craigslist for $500. It is coming with a new liner (in a box) newer filter, new ladder, solar cover and quite a few cool extra's. The owner seemed to take care of it and it looks to be in good shape. (Still has water (clean and clear) and no signs of rust. I just dismantled the deck and will be getting ready to take the pool down soon. )
I did grow up with a pool so I'm kinda okay with the maintenance. I guess I'm just nervous about the break down and set up. I want to get it right. I did order the video from Chad at AbovegroundPros and that is helping me with the transition and prep.
IS anyone familiar with this pool? and i'm having a hard time finding the manual.
So any advise, help, should I run from this...

Please chime in!

Thanks in advance!!

Welcome to TFP!!!!!:splash::splash:

There are three or four threads in the last three years on here about taking down and moving AGPs. Use the search feature and you can find them.

We would really love it if you would post pictures of your adventure too.

Don't be afraid to ask questions often you will get several answers and different points of view.

Couple of points -- You need a level site--- yeah really you do. Also old AGPs need to be checked for corrosion closely. If you have corroded parts they should be replaced.

A manual may be tough -- I would call the manufacturer and just ask.

Have fun and stick around.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.