Suspecting a leak

Jul 19, 2014
Hudson Ohio
Hey TFP'ers, so spring is here and I have a saturated lawn with standing water. Yes we have had rain but I have never had standing water for more that a couple of days. The pool level seems to be lower than when I winterized it last fall. Any ideas on how to test this theory? Too early to open the pool but I am trying to get my lawn into shape.

Have you looked at the TFP Pool School - Leak Detection page yet? There's some good tips there to get you started. Let us know if you still have questions. Good luck!

Thanks Tex. I just went Macgyver with it. I made a water level indicator from an LED, a resistor, a c cell battery, float switch and some tape. The cover is still on the pool so not really easy to get in there and do any marking of sorts. If the water level drops 1/8" the LED will light and I will know.

I just went Macgyver with it. I made a water level indicator from an LED, a resistor, a c cell battery, float switch and some tape.
Holy smokes! We're not worthy! :bowdown: You and "Jim R" (one of our MODS) need to compare gadgets. ha.

It's actually a good time to open for this area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.