Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua Rite electronic chloring generator

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua Rite electronic chloring generator

I have an Aqua Rite electronic chlorine generator-T cell 9. It has been working well for over 7 years. It worked fine all winter but suddenly isn't procuding any chlorine. I have inspected it on a regular basis and cleaned it a number of times even though I have never seen any scale buildup. The light inspect cell has been flashing for awhile. My salt level is fine. Does anyone know what the life of this cell might be?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aqua Rite electronic chloring generator

I ran the chlorinator on superchlorinate this morning for two hours and it produced
    Cl! Maybe it just need cleaning.

3. Back To Top    #3

D,

If my cell lasts seven years, I'll be very happy...

I'm not up on your specific cell, let's see if one of our experts can chime in..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

Ditto. I am starting season 6 on mine. I've seen reports of cells lasting 8 to 10 years on the high end. You might want to start shopping around so you are ready to buy when the time comes. INYO Pools and Sunplay are good online resources for pool stuff.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the comments. I'm in Mexico so I can't buy from those places.
    How long one lasts I guess depends on how many hours it runs. I run mine about 2 hours per day all year.
    Last edited by dollard; 04-12-2017 at 09:37 AM. Reason: clarity

6. Back To Top    #6

Post all the diagnostic readings while it is on it. The readings will let us know what is happening with the cell.

If the cell doesn't have scale on it don't clean it with acid. The inspect cell warning is programmed to flash automatically after so many hours and has nothing to do with the performance of the cell.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

7. Back To Top    #7

I asked the local "expert" and she said the cell just needs a proper cleaning and to bring it to her. Problem is I can't figure out how to unplug the cord from the Aqua Rite panel (the cord that runs to the generator). Can somone please instruct me?

8. Back To Top    #8

I finally got the cord unplugged. It just needed brute strength-I was afraid I would break something. I'm getting too old for this type of thing.
    Thanks ping but when I saw your post I already had it in pieces.

9. Back To Top    #9

I had it cleaned by a professional. She soaked it twice in acid and it is working fine now. Almost all the scale is gone.

10. Back To Top    #10

D,

I think you threw us off in your first post which says... "I have inspected it on a regular basis and cleaned it a number of times even though I have never seen any scale buildup."

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

11. Back To Top    #11

I looked very closely at it this time before and after cleaning and still didn't see any scale. The lady that cleaned it said she could see scale but I couldn't. It isn't very obvious. Sorry if I threw you off. Since I could not see any scale I was thinking it might be something else.
    Last edited by dollard; 04-16-2017 at 07:50 AM. Reason: clarity