Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How long to wait after adding bleach and cya test question

1. Back To Top    #1

How long to wait after adding bleach and cya test question

I am converting over to the BBB method as I am using up existing chemicals. I have used the Pool Calculator and it is amazing.

I have three questions:

If beach is needed in the pool to prepare for a heavy load of swimmers, how long after it is put in, can the kids into the pool?

I am interested in using my fountain to aerate my water - I think I read that is good for ph? Regardless, it helps keep the birds away from the pool ) Will my fountain be sufficient for this over some of the aerators I have read about on the forum? Would it be best to have the water shoot up as a fountain, or bring it down to the water level to move the water around?

Finally, the CYA test that this forum recommends - is it better than what my local pool supply store uses? (they use a computerized test called PINPOINT)

Thanks for the help!
    Splash Pool - above ground - 13X21X4 - location - Kansas - 8200 gal. - sand filter -

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How long to wait after adding bleach and queston about

you can raise the chlorine level 2-3ppm in anticipation if you want. give it 30 minutes or so.
    aeration is done to raise ph. generally it is done when you're trying to lower your TA. see the article in pool-school/
    yes it is. your own pool test kit (not cya test kit, though it does come with a cya test) will always be better than any pool store. if you mean you only want the cya part of the test kit, then yes again, your own readings are almost always going to be more accurate, especially once you get used to doing it.
    16x32 21,000 gallon in-ground exposed aggregate, 1.5hp pump, 120 sqft catridge filter, birdcage, solar panels, aquavac tigershark qc robot.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: How long to wait after adding bleach and cya test question

What he said.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com