Please help! Brand new to pool troubles since widowed.

Aginn10

Bronze Supporter
Apr 11, 2017
Fort Worth tx
My husband passed away in June 2016. He always maintained the pool and the maintenance of the pls etc.
i know I have a Polaris 3900 sweep on a Polaris PB4-60(?) booster pump. The hose, shown in pic the one that comes up out of the top and and into a white something or another there, it sprang a leak. Not at the metal part but in the rubber, the kind of leak that shoots a fine mist WAY up in the air. Only it's spreading slowly. I have NO clue what to do. I can't afford a repair person. I was able to replace the print on my backwash valve a few weeks ago so I am capable of doing the repair if I know what to do. I don't know what to do.. I would give anything for him to be here to do this but he always had confidence I could handle it. I can't let him down! You can email or reply I'll help you with info if you can help me fix this. My daughter and I love our pool and it's our happy place:)IMG_1677.jpgIMG_1806.jpgIMG_1677.jpgIMG_1806.jpgtank you to those who offer help!

Hi and welcome to TFP! :wave: Very sorry to hear about your husband. :angel: I don't use a Polaris, but from the pic it looks like a relatively easy fix. The hose appears to have typical hose/threaded ends, so removing/replacing should be relatively easy. Because of the pressure, the hose may be a higher grade/quality than your typical garden hose though, so I suspect there's a replacement grade & length for that application. I'll see if I can find you a link if no one else replies first. For now, consider turning-off that pump/sweep just so you don't have the hose rupture and lose a bunch of water without knowing.

Ah, here's one example from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Booster-Pump-Pressure-Hose-V32-606/dp/B004UBZJWO. Probably much cheaper than at the local pool store. :) We also do lots of work with "Inyopools" who may be able to give you more guidance over the phone and/or confirm the connection end fitting sizes to make sure it fits. Nice to have you with us.

Sorry for your family's lose. You should be able to take some large pliers and unscrew each end of the black tubing, looks like washing machine connector, take into local hardware store and they should be able to help you out. Wrap the threads with plumbers tape when you reinstall and you should be good to go.

I agree w replacing both hoses at the same time too.

Also, make sure your receptacles that you screw on have the appropriate size washers inside the fittings.

One other suggestion. When replacing those hoses, ask if there are different grades of hose quality? The better the grade of hose, the more time you will have to enjoy your pool and not have to replace them sooner than later. Heavy duty in this instance is a good thing - also, so for your loss...Join TFP forum and you will be able to maintain your pool, and, if you need external help, we can help you make sure you ask the right questions and do not get taken - good luck !!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.