Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool going up and introduction.

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool going up and introduction.

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and have been reading a lot of helpful info from everyone. I appreciate the knowledge and enjoyment everyone has to share.
    Now my question, I have a 22x52 intex going up and have a couple of sand filters on hand I've picked up over the last couple of months. I have a Hayward VL Series 13 Inch Above Ground Sand Filter System - VL40T32
    and a Intex Krystal Clear Model SF90110T 10' inch sand filter.
    Am I better off selling these and getting a Higher GPH filter or are these ok to run? The Hayward is 30 GPM which is 1800GPH well the Intex 10' is 1200 GPH.
    If I sell these what is a good recommendation to purchase? I do have a Intex Saltwater system Ill be running as well. TIA

Angelo

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool going up and introduction.

Welcome! Pool School has an excellent section on pumps/circulation. Check it out...
    Spring 2016 Install, 24'x54" Saltwater LX AG Round Pool (13500 gal.), AquaPro 200 SQ. FT. Cartridge Filter System 2-HP 2-Speed Pump, Solaxx Saltron Retro Jet RJ Saltwater Chlorine Generator, Aqualuminator Above Ground Pool Light, TF-100 Test Kit w/ Borate and Salt, Well Water.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Welcome to the forum
    Am I better off selling these and getting a Higher GPH filter or are these ok to run?
    Yeah, sell them both. Neither is large enough for your pool which should be properly match to a filter capable of around 50 gpm and a pump around 40 gpm.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh View Post
    Welcome to the forumYeah, sell them both. Neither is large enough for your pool which should be properly match to a filter capable of around 50 gpm and a pump around 40 gpm.
    I just pulled the trigger on a new sand filter at a great price too. Reading up now if I should upgrade on my salt system as well if I need to. I have model #cs8110 on the salt system. I picked it up new a few months ago for $20 still in box.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Intex 22ft x 52 Above Ground // I'll set up this year
    Intex Krystal Clear SAND FILTER 3000 GPH Above Ground Pool Sand Filter Pump // Intex saltwater system #CS8110
    First above ground pool was a 16x48 coleman steel side.

5. Back To Top    #5

Here is a few photos of my progress and mishap. Its been a fun project so far and I literally haven't spent a dime... Ill save that story for later.18056638_10155182696068965_4676134874550223353_n.jpg18010590_10155182695998965_7303795765282115322_n.jpg17918066_10155182697543965_5613248825113348313_o.jpg
    Intex Krystal Clear SAND FILTER 3000 GPH Above Ground Pool Sand Filter Pump // Intex saltwater system #CS8110

6. Back To Top    #6

7. Back To Top    #7

Congrats on the pool, looks good so far. I've been seriously considering that same Intex sand filter for my 20x48 Ultra Frame. If you don't mind let me know how you like it once you get everything going. Thanks
    20'x48" 10k Gal AG Intex Ultra Frame, Intex 1,500 gph cart filter that came with the pool
    Chlorinating with bleach, Taylor K-2006 test kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Then the mishap...... The water hose fell out for about 30 minutes while I was inside. It could have been way worse but it all worked out. I needed this area soft anyways so I can cut to lay sod.

9. Back To Top    #9

The filter is well worth the purchase. Its very strong silent and I could not be anymore pleased. I sold my Hayward pump to upgrade to this.

10. Back To Top    #10

Pool is up and running. You have to love the Arizona weather. My yard is a work in progress. Ill keep updating as we add more....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DayDrinker View Post
    Congrats on the pool, looks good so far. I've been seriously considering that same Intex sand filter for my 20x48 Ultra Frame. If you don't mind let me know how you like it once you get everything going. Thanks
    The filter is well worth the purchase. Its very strong silent and I could not be anymore pleased. I sold my Hayward pump to upgrade to this.

11. Back To Top    #11

Thanks for the update, think I'll pull the trigger and try one out. Anything would be better than the pump/filter combo my pool came with and this would allow me to run the Intex robot thingie I'm thinking. Thanks again, pool looks great
    20'x48" 10k Gal AG Intex Ultra Frame, Intex 1,500 gph cart filter that came with the pool
    Chlorinating with bleach, Taylor K-2006 test kit

12. Back To Top    #12

It looks great..congrats!
    Cornelius 15 Round , Semi Inground, TF-100 Test Kit, Speedstir,
    Hayward 2 Speed Pump Swimpro 150 Cartridge Filter,Intermatic Timer, Hardplumbed,
    Pool Rover S2-50, 2 Maytronics Solara Heating System Panels.

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by TSiGirl View Post
    It looks great..congrats!
    Thank you, Its been interesting so far. My pool is off by 1 1/2 but I think its safe. I am running duel pumps also. One main 3000 gph and one 1200 gph just to run the fountain alone. I am thinking about maybe removing 3 pavers from the high side but the pool is solid with no movement when in use. ???

14. Back To Top    #14

I just added my cobblestone border and rubber mulch moat. I'm going to refinish the stone boarder with a varish to make it look new again. Picked up the border for $60 on craigslist.

15. Back To Top    #15

I love the border! It looks great!

Cornelius 15 Round , Semi Inground, TF-100 Test Kit, Speedstir,
    Hayward 2 Speed Pump Swimpro 150 Cartridge Filter,Intermatic Timer, Hardplumbed,
    Pool Rover S2-50, 2 Maytronics Solara Heating System Panels.