Apollointech 50 foot cord Color Changeable Underwater LED Pool Light

I wanted to let interested parties know that I bought an LED light for $160 from amazon to replace an incandescent light I destroyed out of curiosity. I never would have destroyed said light had I known that a replacement would be upwards of $340 - $400!!! Anyway, the LED light that I bought works like a charm and you can replace a light yourself. If I did it, then most people can.

Here is the caveat with this light. The description says it will not fit a regular niche and must be mounted on a flat surface. Well, I read a review where a guy said he somehow got it to work in a niche, and so did I. It was extremely difficult to mount underwater without scuba or snorkel gear, so I would not recommend that route unless you have lots of patience and can hold your breath long - both don't apply to me, but I somehow managed to make it work.

Anyway, I just wanted to share some knowledge with the community, since others have helped me out a bunch. In summary, don't go spend a fortune on an incandescent or LED light. This "cheap" one works just as well (I have trouble referring to a $160 light as cheap!!!). I would link to it, but I'm not sure that's allowed here. If you have any questions, just reply to this thread or private message me. I'll reply after work. Cheers!

View attachment 59020View attachment 59021Well, I'm currently in the middle of attempting a resurfacing...I'm actually on the fence as to whether simply refill and live with my blemished plaster or going the extra mile.

I don't have any pics of the LED actually shining at night. Here are before/after pics of my drain and pressure wash this past weekend. The LED light is installed in the 'before' pic, though it's probably hard to tell. If you don't believe me, I will take a picture of the light resting on the top of my deck tomorrow (I pulled it off to pressure wash). As I type this, I'm wondering why someone might think I would lie about something like this - then again, we do live in a post-truth world of alternative facts these days. :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.