Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I need a replacement drain cover for my spa ...

1. Back To Top    #1

I need a replacement drain cover for my spa ...

So, I was inside my spa with the water 90% drained, trying to clean the horrible calcium buildup I had on the tile. Long story short, I wasn't paying close enough attention and accidently put my heal through the spa drain, breaking it into about 20 pieces.

This is an old Anthony Pool from the late 60s or early 70s that had the old flush drains in both the spa and deep end of the pool. I know newly built pools are required to use the newer style safety drains. My question is can I use one like I already have or do they not even make those anymore?

If not, anyone have any idea which one would fit my pool's drain?
    Here are a couple of pics of my drains:

Pool size: 20,000 Gallon Plaster Pool, Pump: Hayward Tristar VS SP3202VSP, Filter: Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 320
    Polaris 280 Pressure side cleaner, Solar cover, Pentair Amerilite LED pool light, Taylor K-2006C test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I need a replacement drain cover for my spa ...

Inyo Pools has a drain cover for you.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks pooldv, I'll check them out.
    Pool size: 20,000 Gallon Plaster Pool, Pump: Hayward Tristar VS SP3202VSP, Filter: Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 320
    Polaris 280 Pressure side cleaner, Solar cover, Pentair Amerilite LED pool light, Taylor K-2006C test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

They will sell you a VGB compliant drain cover that is domed to avoid suction entrapment onto the drain. The old flat covers are no longer available for sale.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach