How to bleed Air out of lines

brtims

Bronze Supporter
Jul 25, 2016
Nazareth PA
Hi
Pool Opened crystal clear thanks to this site. :)
So when I closed I completely drained everything including my sand filter tank and blew out lines. Put all plumbing back together and no leaks or cracked pipes. I used gizzmo's. They are awesome.

So as I starting running the pump I tried to prime it in the pump and sure enough water filled up and air blowing out the return lines. So I then put it to both backwash and then waste to blow air out. I also removed pressure gauge as well. so I put it back and all was well. I ran the pump for about 2 hours and I did not see air bubbles anywhere.
However when I open the auto-chlorinator (nothing in it since I use liquid chlorine) the water bubbles and gurgles all the way to the pump basket and water drops and I am back to the beginning. I put the lid back on and repeated blowing out air but I always hear water gurgling in the auto-chlorinator and also hear it on top of the filter but low. Pressure gauge was at 12 or so which is normal. There are no water leaks at all and there is no air getting in returns. (I looked for whirlpool that would let air in). so how do I clear this up?? Do I have a leak somewhere or did I not get the air to escape properly during priming??
Thanks a bunch
Brian

Could you post a couple of pictures of your equipment pad? It may help us troubleshoot your problem. Check and make sure the drain plug on the pump strainer pot is snug and that the o-ring on the pump pot lid has been lubed with silicon pool lube. Make sure any unions between the pool and the pump are snug as well. You can check the pipes for air leaks at the joints by drizzleing water on the joints while the pump is running. If there is an air leak you will see water getting sucked into the joint. Check all the joints between the pool and the pump intake.

ok some pics attached. I did not use the silicon lube on the pump lid but there are no leaks. My pool was installed last summer so I figured it was aok. If that had a leak wouldn't I see water coming out?? I can easily buy some and put it on. I did not think of that.
All unions and connections are sealed with gaskets. I will do what you suggested and look for the water to be sucked in.

The odd part is it ran for 2 + hours with no issues and no issues when it is off. It just when I put into backwash or take the lid off of the auto-chlorinaotor it gurgles and water level goes down in the pump. That did not happen last year.
Thanks a bunch
Brian20170408_143352.jpg20170408_143425.jpg20170408_143404.jpg

When you open the chlorinator you introduce air into the system, so that is one point of entry. Do you turn the pump off before moving the handle on the multiport valve?

You won't see water leak out on a suction side leak. The air leak is that air is sucked into the system before the pump through any pinholes in pipe joints or o-rings that don't quite seal. The silicon lube on the o-ring makes sure the o-ring forms a good seal and also makes it easier to take the lid on and off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.