Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Budget Robotic Cleaner

1. Back To Top    #1

Budget Robotic Cleaner

The options for Robotic Pool Cleaners is very over whelming. I'm in the market for a budget (~$700) robotic cleaner. As of right now I have narrowed my choices to 3 units and all of these are $600. First and the one I'm leaning towards is the Dolphin Nautilus. Second, is the Aquabot T-Jet. I like the concept of no belts but worry about scrubbing power. And third, is the Aquabot Junior. Thoughts?? Should I just do with the Dolphin?

My pool is an inground 19x37 with a vinyl liner. I use a sand filter with Baquacil.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Budget Robotic Cleaner

In order to stay below $700 I'd recommend either of the following:

If you want a new one then this for $669... https://www.poolpartz.com/dolphin-nautilus-plus

If you are OK with refurbished then this for $549... https://www.poolpartz.com/dolphin-ac...6ioBoCDLjw_wcB

Neither are budget in the sense of cheaply built. They are quality machines without the top level s and whistles...which aren't required but some enjoy them.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Budget Robotic Cleaner

I have a nautilus and could not be happier with its cleaning performance. I'm going into year 4 with it and never had a single problem.
    For the price, the nautilus cannot be beat.

The Nautilus uses 2 soft scrubbers on it, and is best suited for pools with a vinyl liner like you and I have. There are other and more expensive cleaners with more scrubbing power, but those cleaners tend to be a bit hard on vinyl liners.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

I would recommend the smartpool cleaner than I have. It was 600 dollars. But being in Vietnam, your options need to based on what you can get warranty service on.
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.

5. Back To Top    #5

I know in the few stores I visited in my area that most were selling the Dolphin Echo (equivalent to an S100) as their entry level model. All the retailers I looked at it had it for about $600. Not sure if you've seen this link at Sunplay, but it shows all of the robotic cleaners out there and their equivalence as many models are just rebranded version of the same base unit -

The Truth About Pool Cleaners: What Your Pool Store Isn’t Telling You | Sunplay

I just purchased my S300i yesterday and will be deploying it today...
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates