Daily FC Loss - Is this really cheaper?

I too have a relatively large pool. I started with the TFP method last year after having the pool resurfaced and have yet to need to do a SLAM. Water has been crystal clear throughout, including this past winter. Startup this spring was the easiest ever (I've had this pool for 17 years) and only required a couple gallons of bleach and some MA. I test FC and ph every other day and currently use about 3 gallons of 10% per week (just picked up 8 gals at Atwoods for $1.88/gal). TFP method is substantially cheaper than pool store method (no shock, algecides, clarifiers, etc.).

TFP method is substantially cheaper than pool store method (no shock, algecides, clarifiers, etc.).

not to mention the gas to drive to the pool store, the time wasted, etc.

We're always dismayed by folks who will drop a few bills at the Pool Store on X, Y and Z chemicals as if that's just something you just have to do if you have a pool, yet balk at buying a little bleach.

We're always dismayed by folks who will drop a few bills at the Pool Store on X, Y and Z chemicals as if that's just something you just have to do if you have a pool, yet balk at buying a little bleach.

When i took possession of the house/pool, the storage closet contained over $400 worth of buckets and bottles. There wasn't even an OTO test kit and the pool was green. Apparently the strategy was spend lots of money for no results. I've given away as much as I could, but I still have many buckets of Alk-up, dry acid, magic this, special that... Aside from falling for the hype in the first place, I really want to know what motivated them to only use the top half of any given bucket before going out and buying another!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.