Good Bromine test kit in Europe (Spain)

spada

Apr 4, 2017
Malaga
I'm renting an apartment with a Villeroy & Boch SPA on the terrace and am trying to learn how to maintain and take care of it. I read the brilliant sticky guide (How do I use Bromine in my spa (or pool)?) and am now looking for a test kit.

The Taylor K-2106 is mentioned as the best test kit, however I can't seem to find it in Spain (or Amazon UK/DE/ES). Is it because the post is 10 years old or because it's very US specifik?
Can anyone recommend a good test kit that is available in EU/Spain or if someone knows where I can buy the
Taylor K-2106?

PS. I live in Malaga/Marbella if you know a specific store in the region :)

Taylor kits are not really available in Europe. LaMotte sells in Europe - LaMotte Europe

A DPD based chlorine test kit will measure bromine, you simply multiply the results you get by 2.25. So 1ppm FC is the same as 2.25ppm bromine. The only difference is that the DPD reagent is sensitive to total bromine levels (free bromine plus combine bromines) whereas in a chlorine pool DPD cam differentiate between free chlorine and combined chlorine.

Thanks for the reply @JoyfulNoise!

I managed to get a Taylor K-2006 (the K-2106 would take 3 months to ship) from HornerXpress Worldwide, Taylors international distributor.
So if anyone else is looking for Taylor in Europe, contact them :)

Thanks for updating us. We'll keep HornerExpress in mind next time someone from the EU signs up.

May I ask the cost of the kit roughly? It would be good to know to help others...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.