Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Good Bromine test kit in Europe (Spain)

1. Back To Top    #1

Good Bromine test kit in Europe (Spain)

I'm renting an apartment with a Villeroy & Boch SPA on the terrace and am trying to learn how to maintain and take care of it. I read the brilliant sticky guide (How do I use Bromine in my spa (or pool)?) and am now looking for a test kit.

The Taylor K-2106 is mentioned as the best test kit, however I can't seem to find it in Spain (or Amazon UK/DE/ES). Is it because the post is 10 years old or because it's very US specifik?
    Can anyone recommend a good test kit that is available in EU/Spain or if someone knows where I can buy the
    Taylor K-2106?

PS. I live in Malaga/Marbella if you know a specific store in the region

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Good Bromine test kit in Europe (Spain)

Taylor kits are not really available in Europe. LaMotte sells in Europe - LaMotte Europe

A DPD based chlorine test kit will measure bromine, you simply multiply the results you get by 2.25. So 1ppm FC is the same as 2.25ppm bromine. The only difference is that the DPD reagent is sensitive to total bromine levels (free bromine plus combine bromines) whereas in a chlorine pool DPD cam differentiate between free chlorine and combined chlorine.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the reply @JoyfulNoise!

I managed to get a Taylor K-2006 (the K-2106 would take 3 months to ship) from HornerXpress Worldwide, Taylors international distributor.
    So if anyone else is looking for Taylor in Europe, contact them

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by spada View Post
    Thanks for the reply @JoyfulNoise!

I managed to get a Taylor K-2006 (the K-2106 would take 3 months to ship) from HornerXpress Worldwide, Taylors international distributor.
    So if anyone else is looking for Taylor in Europe, contact them
    Thanks for updating us. We'll keep HornerExpress in mind next time someone from the EU signs up.

May I ask the cost of the kit roughly? It would be good to know to help others...
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

5. Back To Top    #5

Of course! I payed €115 + 21% IVA for the actual kit and around €10 for shipping from Barcelona to Costa del sol.

6. Back To Top    #6

I'm in Spain (Costa Blanca) thanks for the link guys - very useful!
    64m3 (17K US gallons) 9m x 4.5m fully tiled (Vidrepur) pool. Viron P320 eVo variable speed pump, Concept Plus Smart PH E SW chlorinator, Astral filter (Activated Glass), 2x LED controllable lights. Solar cover installed and solar heating plumbing installed for later installation of collectors.