Hello from South Texas

Just bought a house in San Antonio, Texas that has a pool. My home was built in the 70's and the Company who built our pool very well could have built it when the house was as they have been in business since 1954. Although it sounds somewhat sacrilegious here in these forums, I have hired a company to do my chemical maintenance until I get my bearings on what is going on. This is my first pool. I've owned hot tubs before and that was pretty simple. I don't know how big the pool is (gallons) because we got no paperwork on it in the sale except for a clean bill of health from the inspector, which is the best thing i guess. Anyways, here is my backyard oasis. This is my pool at around 5pm. It gets a lot of shade throughout the day. 9ft deep end or so.
IMG_2306.jpg

Oh, some things I forgot to mention, It's a concrete pool, gunite or traditional poured construction, I am unsure. I have a polaris system, pump works great, but the vacuum doesn't...anyone know if you can repair those things or is it better to buy a new one? One big question I have, how do you cover an odd shaped pool?

Hello and welcome to TFP. Would love to see you get your own test kit and just go for it. I've had my pool 3 weeks. It's huge and I am handling it great with TFP. You will find everything you need here. I'm sure someone will chime in soon about covers.

Enjoy!

Crystal

Hello neighbor! :wave: Nice looking pool! I like that pebble/concrete decking. When you get time, don't forget to update your signature. You can click EDIT YOUR SIGNATURE. It will help us later. Stick close to TFP and we'll help keep you on track and hopefully save you some money as well. Enjoy this sunny but windy day.