Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Greetings From Arlington, TX!

1. Back To Top    #1

Greetings From Arlington, TX!

Greeting from Arlington TX! This is indeed my first rodeo when it comes to pools. I have never owned one nor have I ever worked on one. So I am so thankful to have found y'all! I've done some reading already and it has proved itself to be very useful even for a beginner like me. I look forward to learning how to properly care for our pool with y'alls help! Hopefully I will be able to help a newbie in the future!
    17000 IG, Pentair Easytouch w/ IntelliFlo VS+ SVRS, IntelliChlor IC20 Chlorine Gen, Polaris 380, Booster Pump PB4-60, FNS Plus Vertical Grid D.E. Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Greetings From Arlington, TX!

Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

B,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all new pool owners...

Just wanted say hi and give you a little heads up on your SWCG...

We both have the same basic size pool, so I noticed that your SWCG is an IC20. If you have read this site much you will see that we always recommend that the SWCG be about 2 x the volume of the pool. This makes your SWCG about half the size we suggest..

This does not mean it will not work, but you will need to keep an eye on your FC levels as the summer gets here... In the peak summer period, you might find that you will have help the SWCG maintain your chlorine level by adding some Liquid Chlorine or bleach. Then again, you might not, as each pool is a little different. Just didn't want you to think your SWCG was "bad" if it can't keep up...

Thanks for posting and joining the TFP crowd in the DFW area...

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

Nice to have you with us!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Howdy...you will find everything you need to know here!

Welcome and Enjoy!

Crystal
    60K 53 X 23 X 3'-10' IG Grecian Concrete aka "The Beast"
    TF100 XL with Speed Stir
    Dolphin M500 aka "The Beast Master"
    Sta Rite Max E Pro 2 HP - Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter S310T.
    My Pool Thread: Old School Pool

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you!
    17000 IG, Pentair Easytouch w/ IntelliFlo VS+ SVRS, IntelliChlor IC20 Chlorine Gen, Polaris 380, Booster Pump PB4-60, FNS Plus Vertical Grid D.E. Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Jim,

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my post and point out the SWCG recommendation! I actually 'assumed' that it was a IC20 because I thought that the book that came with it called out the max pool size in gallons and I thought I read 20,000 gal. I will verify once I get back home. If you don't mind me asking you, what testing kit do you use? I have a basic one that allows me to test for pH, FC and Total, Acid demand, and a couple of other things that escape my memory now.

Again thanks for the 'heads up'!

Regards,
    Marcos

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! I look forward to learning all this stuff!

Regards,
    Marcos (bamamojo)

8. Back To Top    #8

Marcos,

I use the TF-100 with Speed-Stir and Sample Sizer.. The main reason to use this specific kit is because when asking for help on this forum, it is essential to be able to compare apples to apples.

If you use a different test kit, it is very difficult for us to be able to provide accurate feedback.

I'll bet you've got the IC40, but you need to double check..

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

9. Back To Top    #9

Welcome...I work in Arlington, but live in N. Mesquite...I joined last year, and these guys and gals sure helped me out a lot.....Before you know it, you will know everything about your pool...
    24x16 doughboy Summerville..22" Waterway "sand" 1.5 HP 2sp motor..Misty Falls liner, and wedding cake stairs..