Pool Math........The App

I was finally able to get in with the facebook log in link. The app froze while logging in so I force closed it. When I opened it again I was logged in.

- - - Updated - - -

I put in test results but on the "latest test results" page nothing is showing. Is it supposed to show my last tests on that page? Also, there's no calc on this app? So i still need to use the pool calc app separately? I was about to delete it when I noticed the lack of a calculator here.

eta: the values I'm entering are not sticking. I have to reenter every time.

After the latest Android app update, the icon has changed from the pool/math symbols to the generic Android robot icon. Both in the app drawer and for the shortcut I placed on the home screen.

Not sure if it's related to the server issues, or a separate issue.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Anyone having issues syncing the iOS version? I enter data daily on iPhone but my iPad doesn't see the changes. Eventually the changes make it, but not sure if it was something I did?

All in all, great app, nice to have all the info available on your mobile device.

i got logged in, but now just questioning the actual numbers. When I tell it i have a SWG, why is it telling me 1-3 FC is the target? We know that's wrong. Whole thing doesn't seem very robust, think I'm going to stick with just having a link in my phone's browser for now, this isn't there yet.

And I was ready to pay to essentially donate, but was thinking it would be a one time thing. $7.99 a year seemed kinda high, especially if it's not quite out of beta yet...

Been running with the iOS version since 6/22/17. No problems found so far; suggested chemical additions produce expected results (so far only used for lowering pH with MA and initially maintaining FC with bleach prior to SWG startup). Very happy user here and happy to pay $8/year for it.

i got logged in, but now just questioning the actual numbers. When I tell it i have a SWG, why is it telling me 1-3 FC is the target? We know that's wrong.

With a CYA level of zero your levels should fall between 1-3ppm FC. The PoolMath webpage will yield the same results if using zero for your CYA levels. Can you please verify you've entered a current CYA level into the logs. Once you do the target of 1-3ppm should update automatically. If they don't can you please email me at [email protected] so I can lend you some additional assistance.

Been running with the iOS version since 6/22/17. No problems found so far; suggested chemical additions produce expected results (so far only used for lowering pH with MA and initially maintaining FC with bleach prior to SWG startup). Very happy user here and happy to pay $8/year for it.

Thank you greatly for the purchase and the kind words! I needed this after the week I've earned!!

I have been very pleased with this app. My only 2 issues have been:

1. When entering old test results, it would default to the current date. If I reopened and changed it, the date would save correctly.

2. When evaluating FC, to see how much bleach to add, the target always defaults to the middle of the target range. This doesn't work for me. The mid point is 6, but my daily target is 7. It would be nice if we could set our own "target" and it save rather than having to change it. I am sure at some point I am gonna forget to change it.

My only request would be that the app also log what we actually add to the pool.

Thanks for working so hard on this. I am sure there has been a ton of work put into developing this app. I appreciate it! Keep it up :)

The PoolMath App is awesome and very convenient to have on my phone. The only issue I am having so far is the CSI when using the app comes out different than when I use poolMath on TFP website. Anyone else see the same differences?

TFP PM CSI = -.28
PoolMath App CSI = -.38

I was wondering about the free version as compared to the subscription one.

You are allowed to enter your current readings into the free version. Are those readings saved so that when you do subscribe, you can access them again?

What are the exact differences between the free and the paid versions? I know the paid gives you access to old readings and the ability to backup/save in CSV format, all items I think are great. What other advantages does the user get?

Just trying to get all the selling points in my mind. Thanks again for the great App!

With a CYA level of zero your levels should fall between 1-3ppm FC. The PoolMath webpage will yield the same results if using zero for your CYA levels. Can you please verify you've entered a current CYA level into the logs. Once you do the target of 1-3ppm should update automatically. If they don't can you please email me at [email protected] so I can lend you some additional assistance.

I see, I was trying to change the values by hitting the buttons on the left instead of entering in a test log first. 4-11 FC seems high, as the SWG pool chemistry section here says 4-6 is the range I'm shooting for, but maybe there's other math that's making it display like that? Just want to make sure I'm syncing it all up right.

I guess I see the benefit of putting the real numbers in the log, and then being able to change them as 'what if?' drills from the overview page. Maybe there should be an instruction/help tab that explains it, though, or a 'getting started' popup when you run the app for the first time to walk you through it, as it didn't get it at first.

I was wondering about the free version as compared to the subscription one.

You are allowed to enter your current readings into the free version. Are those readings saved so that when you do subscribe, you can access them again?

What are the exact differences between the free and the paid versions? I know the paid gives you access to old readings and the ability to backup/save in CSV format, all items I think are great. What other advantages does the user get?

Just trying to get all the selling points in my mind. Thanks again for the great App!
I don't believe any entries are saved on the free version as I don't think is syncs to the server. I believe that part of the subscription fee is being used to cover the server expense.

As the app exists today, all you can do is look at previous log entries, however, it has been hinted that historical charts and/or graphs will be a future enhancement so you can see trending over time for parameters, I believe that will include chemical additions as the tracking of additions should be one of the next big enhancements.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.