Help!! About to give up after first test!

Dare I ask this ?....I have ALOT of Stinging Sticks left we bought at the beginning of the season. Would it be wise to add any of them while we're away? I have no idea what to do w/them now. I've read mentioned some use them while they're away, but they probably hadn't just got done shocking like I have.

Oh, I recognize that name. Trichlor - yes, you could use some while you are away.

Unless you plan to leave your pump running 24/7, don't put the sticks in the skimmer. Use a floater instead. If you use a floater, you can't use the solar cover, so you're neighbor will need to watch the water level (evaporation).

If you do decide to use the sticks, they will raise your CYA level some, but I think you're at 40 now, right? So that's okay, it won't raise it too much, though you didn't say how long you'll be gone? Just remember to retest your CYA level when you return and adjust your FC levels accordingly. Also pucks are acidic so make sure your TA is at least 120 and the PH 7.8 before you leave. (I didn't skim the thread for those numbers, can't remember what your's is now.

If you decide to forgo the sticks, just throw on the cover and have someone add bleach for you, you'll be fine.

TA 150, PH 7.5 as of a couple of days ago.

I always leave my pump going, later I want to research turning it off some. I guess I'm just asking because I have them and if they'd work then maybe I could use them. We'll be gone Sun to Wed., so I could leave bleach before leaving and the put Pucks in. One day I'll have this figured out :?

Okay....I'm gonna put this as nice as I can.... :mrgreen:

You are on the verge of getting Pooliosis, or Sparklypoolitis. :mrgreen: :wink:

5 days....with someone to add bleach for you...you are golden. Don't worry about the sticks. Put em away for another day. Just bump your chlorine, have your neighbor add 1/2 to 2/3 a jug each night, you'll come home to a clear pool. :wink:

After you get back you can determine your ideal pump run time. There is an article in pool school that can help you make that determination.

Have a nice time, whereever you are going. :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.