Ic40 No Power

Oct 2, 2014
San Marcos, Ca
I found my IC40 with no power today. It is connected to an EasyTouch and its own transformer, wired to come on with the pump. Diagnostics say No Comm. It is enabled in the EasyTouch with 35%. I checked the fuse on the transformer and its fine. There is 120v at each wire inside the transformer. The cord from the SWG to the transformer is connected fully. Any ideas?

Ryano,

The DC output should be about 39 volts... and the little green "cell power light" should be on.

Is your transformer inside your EasyTouch, or is it an external power supply?

Do you know if the transformer is wired for a 220 volt input or 110 volt input.. (If 220 volts, then the blue or violet wires would be connected to the black wire)

"No comms" is the failure you get when there is no power to the Cell. Either a bad PCB with no DC power out, or no power into the transformer... which could be the fuse (that you checked) or that the Pump/Filter relay inside the ET is not providing power to the transformer.

If wired for 220 volts you need to make sure you have 220 volts between the two input leads to the transformer.. 120 volts on "each" one does not mean you have 220 volts between the two because you could be missing one phase.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Ryano,

I would also suspect the PCB, but it would not hurt to rule out the transformer.. If you can test the two output leads going to the PCB there should be some low voltage AC, I don't remember the exact amount but I would think around 24 to 40 volts DC..

Jim R.

Ryano,

No, the output of a transformer will be an AC voltage. The transformer just makes the 220 volt AC input into a smaller AC output voltage. The PCB then makes the small AC into a DC voltage for the SWCG.

On my PCB the AC from the transformer, comes in on J9 and J8... BUT... I have an internal power supply, so my board may different. You should be able to follow the two wires from the transformer to the PCB..

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.