Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bad gasket help

1. Back To Top    #1

Bad gasket help

One of the gaskets in my lowest drain (the part where the water goes out of the pool to the pump) has gone bad and has a tiny leak. Do I have to empty the pool and replace the part like the pool guy recommended or is there something I can seal around with? It's a vynil pool with the frame

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bad gasket help

Can you post a picture of where you mean?
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

I am a gasket manufacturer and while I would love to help you myself that would defeat the purpose as I am sure there are already off the shelf gaskets if you needed one. Anyway it brought me to this thread and a quick google search brought me to this stuff:

Underwater Sealant for Swimming Pools and Spas - AquaFlex

Not sure if it will work, but for $100.00 I would certainly try it. You wouldn't have to empty the pool. If you do try it let the rest of us know how it works.
    30,600 gallon SW Liner IG, 26'x46', 8' deep end, Hayward Cartridge Filter (Model C4030), Aquacal Heat Pump (Model R410A) with Autopilot PPC1 Salt Cell, Hayward Max-Flo VS (x2, 1 for pool, 1 for waterfall), Autopilot Salt Chlorine Generator (Pool Pilot Digital Model 75003), Hayward Colorlogic x3, AquaClean Robot, and SolarBreeze NX, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

If you are talking about an above ground Intex style pool you should not have to drain it to fix the leak. You may need an extra pair of hands to help you, however. If you post a picture showing the problem area we can advise you better.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!