Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New results

1. Back To Top    #1

New results

I just tested my pool after a few weeks off. The number are off the chart.
    Cl 16
    Cc 3
    Tc 17.5
    Alk 220
    Cya 85
    Ph 7.8

I'm trying to get the hang of all of this but am lost with the numbers. Please help.
    33' round above ground. Sand filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New results

I forgot to add that the water is very clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Hola, Cduke88.....

Which test kit are you using? What chemicals/chlorine do you add to your pool normally?

Yippee
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

4. Back To Top    #4

I have the tf-100. I have only had a float with chlorine tabs in it. Had the pool installed in November and haven't been in it yet.
    I want to start using bleach instead of the tabs. I know my calcium is super high but the pool is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

With your cya 85 you need to quit the pucks now. Is already going to be tough if you need to slam. That amount might be needed k in Texas as long as you monitor the fc closely and keep it up based on cya chart
    24ft x 52in AGP 18000 gal
    sand filter, 200#,1.5 hp single speed pump
    Wood deck (still in progress...)

6. Back To Top    #6

Ok, your CYA (stabilizer) is really high because of the pucks you used. What is your calcium level, its not listed.
    When you list your test results please do so like this in order. It helps us read them quickly and we're all speaking the same lingo.

FC
    CC
    pH
    TA
    CH
    CYA

The only way to lessen calcium and CYA in the pool is to drain some water out and refill. Is that an option you can do?

Yippee
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

7. Back To Top    #7

Actually I just tested calcium again and it was 350ppm. With the chlorine so high should I just leave it along and remove the tablets?

8. Back To Top    #8

STOP using pucks!! Start using liquid chlorine/bleach instead.

You need to consider draining some water (about 1/2) and refilling to lower those high levels of CYA and Calcium.

PoolMath is an app that helps you determine how much of something to add, or how much water to change out. You can find it at the top of this page.

Yip

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks. I guess I will drain some in the near future. It is starting to make sense now. I will never use pucks again. I didn't think anything was wrong since the water was so clear but upon reading I saw where the pucks contain calcium. I had more then I should have since we were not in it all winter. I guess it is my fault. I went from a 5000 gallon saltwater pool to this huge 30000 gallon monster. Thanks again. Any advice is good advice.